Thursday 12 December 2013

Sydney Quickie - Ladurée


Ladurée is a name well-known worldwide, especially for their macarons. It was only recently that the brand started opening outlets around the world, so the only chance to taste their highly sought after treats was to make your way to Europe, or pray some good hearted soul brings some back from their holidays.


Sydney is one of the lucky cities to now have their very own Ladurée and I could not go past without buying a macaron or two. This outlet not only sells macarons to go, but also has a dessert cafe situated on the third level of Westfield shopping mall.


Having made plans for lunch, we grabbed a couple of macarons, namely the Salted Caramel and Chocolate ones. I may not have had as many macarons as others in my life, but these were certainly not the best I had so far. Maybe it is because they are flown in frozen and then defrosted before sale (that is what I have heard), but the macarons did not blow me away. Granted that they are tasty, but the ones I had felt a little 'damp', perhaps from refrigeration? The price too is a little too high in my opinion, and am certain that it is possible to get macarons at a more reasonable price.

Ladurée
Level 3 Westfield
Sydney - Corner Of Pitt St Mall & Market St
Sydney, NSW

Phone: +61 (02) 9231 0491

Ladurée on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment